The Legendary Dreadnought, Re-imagined
Many discerning guitarists instantly name the D-28 as their all-time favorite Martin; it is the standard to which all acoustic guitars are compared. Affectionately dubbed the "tone cannon," the D-28 deploys classic rich tone and powerful projection that's perfect for stage and studio. Martin has re-imagined the D-28, blending the rich legacy of the guitar with their latest innovations. Vintage appointments include open-gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and faux tortoise pickguard. Forward-shifted bracing allows for greater vibration of the top, while a modern neck profile gives you improved comfort and playability. We spend a lot of time with acoustic guitars at Woody's, and this D-28 delivers the iconic Martin sound by the boatload.
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce with Aging Toner
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted X brace
- Binding:Antique white
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Nickel open gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Lifespan 2.0 92/8 Phosphor Bronze, .013-.056
- Case Included:Hardshell Case